The Living Life service offers support through guided self-help and cognitive behavioural therapy. You can access the service by
- asking your GP to refer you
- referring yourself for an assessment by phoning 0800 328 9655 (Monday to Thursday: 10am - 9pm & Friday: 10am - 6pm)
Who is the service for?
Living Life is a free phone service offering therapy for anyone over 16 years of age with:
- low mood
- mild to moderate depression
You'll be offered an initial appointment to ensure Living Life is best suited to your needs. If so, you'll then have a series of telephone support sessions with a guided self-help coach or therapist.
How Living Life can help
If negative thoughts and feelings are affecting your daily life, specialist help may aid your recovery. Living Life uses a type of talking therapy to help you recognise unhelpful thought patterns and positive ways of coping.
The support you'll receive will be tailored to your needs. You'll benefit from:
- regular telephone contact with a trained professional to discuss your difficulties. (6-9 sessions depending on clinical need)
- appointments at a time convenient to you
- access to support materials
The support sessions will enable you to react more positively to difficult situations whilst improving your confidence and self-esteem.