Muscle, back, or joint problems
Who is the MSK Helpline for?
The Musculoskeletal (MSK) Helpline is a phone service for people experiencing symptoms of MSK disorders - such as back pain or sports injuries.
To use this service you must:
- be aged 16 or over
- be registered with a GP
- live within a qualifying area
The service is only available to people that live in:
- Ayrshire and Arran
- the Borders
- Dumfries and Galloway
- Forth Valley
- the Highlands
If you're not eligible, but need advice about a musculoskeletal problem, speak to your GP to find out if you can refer yourself to a local MSK service.
How the MSK helpline can help
The helpline is operated by the Musculoskeletal Advice and Triage Service (MATS) and is provided by fully trained call operators, nurses and physiotherapists.
This service can help by:
- finding out if you need to see a doctor
- providing key information and advice to help with your problem
- referring you to a physiotherapist or podiatrist if you need it
- arrange home visits - this should be arranged by your doctor
- book and manage your physiotherapy appointments