Who is the service for?
NHS inform is for anyone in Scotland looking for quality assured health and care information.
How NHS inform can help
Using NHS inform means that you no longer need to look in lots of different places for health information. Through its website, freephone and webchat service, NHS inform provides information on:
- medical conditions
- tests and treatments
- healthy living topics - such as stopping smoking, alcohol, food and nutrition and mental wellbeing
- health news and events
- national health campaigns
- services provided by GPs, pharmacies and dental surgeries in Scotland
- your rights when using these services
We also have a number of interactive tools:
- self-help guides for common illnesses and injuries
- a National Services Directory containing health and wellbeing support organisations and thousands of NHS services in Scotland
- an Info for Me tool that helps you to gather, save, publish and share your own health information