Who is the service for?
Smokeline is an advice and support service for anyone trying to stop smoking in Scotland.
Whether you're ready to stop, just beginning to think about it, or are just looking for information, Smokeline is here to help you.
Smokeline has no minimum age limit, and you have the choice to chat with us for free on the phone or through webchat. The service is also supported by stop smoking information on the NHS inform website.
You can trust Smokeline to respect your confidentiality. You won't receive any letters and we won't share your information without your consent. If you wish, you can use the service anonymously.
How Smokeline can help
Smokeline is run by NHS 24 and is staffed by trained advisors who'll be able to give you expert advice.
The service can help by:
- talking through all the options available to you
- referring you to free local NHS services
- sending you a free Smokeline quit pack
- helping you plan to stop in a way that suits you
- offering support and advice when you're trying to stop
- being there when other support services are closed