Work with us
Careers at NHS 24 are all about care and compassion. Our work uses digital and phone-based technology to help people get the right care in the right place.
We support people with both their physical and mental health needs by:
- providing self-care advice when appropriate
- offering mental health counselling support
- connecting them with local healthcare services if they need onward care
We’re a values-led organisation dedicated to putting care and compassion at the heart and soul of everything we do. That means we put our people first, giving them everything they need to thrive.
What we offer
Aside from supporting people across the nation and the opportunity to grow your skills in the most varied healthcare service in Scotland, staff get access to a benefits package designed to take them further, including:
- on the job training and an induction plan spanning your first 12 months with us
- 1.5 hours protected time of professional development every month
- 35 days annual leave (rising to 41) pro-rata
- development opportunities including study bursaries, e-learning and classroom-based courses
- enhanced pay for working during out of hours period
- enrolment into the Scottish Public Pensions Agency (SPPA) pension scheme
- NHS discounts on goods and services
- HELP, employee support and assistance
What we're looking for
Each role has its own specific skillset, but on the whole we look for clear, effective communicators who can work across boundaries and quickly build connections with a wide range of people. More information about the role requirements for our different roles are provided in the job packs.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Help us improve
What would have made this page more helpful?