Our Living Life service offers phone support using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) based techniques. You can refer yourself for an assessment by phoning 0800 328 9655. The phone service is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 9pm.
Who is Living Life for?
Living Life is a free phone service offering therapy for anyone in Scotland aged 16 and over with:
- low mood
- mild to moderate depression
- a combination of these symptoms
How can Living Life help me?
If negative thoughts and feelings are affecting your daily life, specialist support can help your recovery. Living Life uses a type of talking therapy to help you recognise unhelpful thought patterns and positive ways of coping.
The support you’ll receive will be tailored to your needs. You’ll benefit from:
- regular phone contact with a trained professional to discuss your thoughts and feelings (4 to 6 sessions depending on clinical need)
- appointments at a time that suit you
- access to support materials
The support sessions will help you develop coping strategies. They’ll also help you to improve your confidence and self-esteem.
What happens when I phone Living Life?
When you first phone Living Life you’ll be asked for:
- your name
- your contact details
- the reason you phoned
At this point you may be offered an assessment appointment or be placed on the waiting list.
If Living Life is suitable for you, you’ll be offered phone support sessions with a therapist.
What help and support will I get from Living Life?
Living Life offer 4 to 6 talking therapy sessions by phone.
These are the stages Living Life work through with you, and they can often overlap:
- first step – understand what’s affecting you at this time
- second step – develop tools and strategies that support you to manage your mental health
- third step – use the tools you’ve learnt about in your everyday life
Living Life will also help you identify any further support that might help.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Help us improve
What would have made this page more helpful?